Why Choose Us?
The UPMC Hamot Radiology Department provides physicians with some of the most advanced technology to ensure diagnoses are as accurate as possible. Patients have access to leading-edge equipment, along with specially trained technologists and expert radiologists, enabling UPMC Hamot to offer some of the most advanced diagnoses and minimally invasive treatments available today. The Radiology Department provides a wide range of radiology procedures, including general radiography, special procedures, computerized tomography (CT scan), mammography, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), nuclear medicine studies, ultrasound, portable radiography, and interventional diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
UPMC Hamot has made large investments in technology in order to provide these services. The Imaging Centers were the first in the region to use the picture archiving communication system (PACS). UPMC Hamot has converted to an all-digital format, which permits the distribution of pictures through the PACS. One of the benefits of PACS is the ability to view a patient's images from computers, allowing referring physicians to view their patients' images from their home or office. Additionally, since films are stored electronically, there is no need to have patients return them.
- UPMC Hamot has four multi-slice CT scanners, including 16- and 64-slice units; this allows us to offer state-of-the-art scanning at both the medical center and at the UPMC Hamot Imaging Center at Sterling Square. Multi-slice allows us to gather the most information in the shortest time. Our scanners have a weight capacity of up to 450 pounds.
- UPMC Hamot Radiology offers state-of-the-art breast health services that include digital mammography, breast MRI, breast ultrasound, stereotactic biopsy, breast health navigators, and breast protocol initiatives. All these factors ensure that our patients are cared for in a comprehensive and time-sensitive manner.
- UPMC Hamot's network of imaging centers feature state-of-the-art equipment, nationally registered technologists, and board-certified radiologists. Our centers are conveniently located throughout the region. To locate and schedule an appointment at a center near you, call 814-877-6123.
Locations and Services:
- UPMC Hamot - 201 State St. - 814-877-6182 - CT, MR, ultrasound, bone scan, interventional and special procedures, nuclear medicine, and diagnostic x-ray.
- Sterling Square - 3406 Peach St. - 814-877-5381 - CT, MR, ultrasound, digital mammography, diagnostic x-ray, and bone density.
- North East - 2060 North Pearl St. - 814-877-7400 - Diagnostic x-ray.
- Waterford - 991 Route 19 - 814-796-6330 - Diagnostic x-ray.
- Fairview - 7287 W. Ridge Road - 814-474-1732 - Diagnostic x-ray.
- Summit - Located in the EPN Urgent Care Center, 7200 Peach St., Ste. 420 - 814-860-3301 - Diagnostic x-ray.
- UPMC Hamot for Breast Health - 104 E. Second St. - 814-877-5560 - Mammography, ultrasound, biopsy, and minimally invasive biopsy.
- West 26th St.& Legion Road - Located in the EPN Urgent Care Center, 2861 W. 26th St. - 814-835-6695 - Diagnostic x-ray.
- Edinboro - 120 Washington Towne Blvd. - 814-734-8647 - Diagnostic x-ray. Open Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Film Report Management
Ordering physicians normally receive the radiologist's report within 24 hours, Monday through Friday. Film or CD reproductions of images are available for pickup 24/7 at UPMC Hamot and from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. at UPMC Hamot Imaging at Sterling Square. All requests require 24-hour notice and proof of identification at the time of pickup. Many physicians are linked to UPMC Hamot's PACS through Magic Web and do not require film or CD hard copy reproduction. Check with your physician before requesting images.